Monday, March 14, 2016

Hold the Phone!

It's going to thunderstorm today. Maybe. Georgia is more indecisive than a hungry woman. Not a pregnant woman, though; they know what they want need. As I was singing to Gotye in the shower I remembered one of the moments in my life that just had that perfect-timing humor. Those are honestly the best moments in life.

Picture it, Roswell, GA, 2014.... (I couldn't help myself and I am not taking it back!)

Evan and I were hanging out in our bedroom as a thunderstorm was fast approaching. We knew we were moments away from having a vibrating dog as Effie is terrified of loud noises. Sometimes we try to distract her with music or television. This particular time I chose music, Gotye to be exact. Evan isn't terribly fond of Gotye, so I decided to troll him with "State of the Art" which happens to be one of the most catchy nonsensical songs in existence. By this point the storm was in full rampage.

"Why do you like this song so much?"

"Because it's damn catchy! Come on!"

"It's so annoying!"

"Well, come over here and turn it off then!"

Then the storm knocked the power out. I'm not kidding. That exact moment is when it happened. I guess that settles it. God hates that particular song. Or would it be Thor? Something to ponder...

My life is full of situational humor. It's how I keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment